Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What a nice weekend

In the midst of chaos and moving we decided to make one last trip to Boston. I have family there and sorta grew up there while my parents were in the states. So I have many friends there, and Boston will always hold a special place in my heart b/c of the family/friends that I have and the fact that we got married there. We decided to move far away to Colorado - then realized there was only a few weekends left and we had to fit "going to Boston" in one of those weekends. So, in the midst of "lots to do" we took a break and a last minute trip to "vacation" while trying to move cross country- you know b/c that's how we role. :)

We left on Friday afternoon and got to my Aunt's house around 9ish. We love catching up and chatting with her, but got to bed before midnight because we had an early morning. We left about 8AM on Saturday to drive up to NH to see "the trailer". :) I had been up there many times, but Richard had never been there. I have many fond memories of playing in the lake, and going to get ice cream in the town of Meredith, and was so happy he got to experience it.  we also decided very last minute to stay the night up there and had another relaxing morning waking up to the bright morning sun, getting an iced coffee and sitting by the lake swimming. We could not have asked for more perfect weather for our time in NH. It was wonderful to spend the time with my Cousin (who is my age) and his wonderful wife (who is my friend) and watch our kids interact and meet their new baby! Auntie Terre is a wonderful host and had plenty of food for us and we were very well take care of.















Sunday afternoon we drove back down to Boston to visit another of my lifelong friends, Lydia. We stayed with her overnight, and attended the church service at the church we were married in, and got to see many old friends. It was bittersweet knowing that we don't know if/when we will come back to this place. But we do know that we will always keep a spot in our hearts for good ol' Boston.

Monday - Richard, being the wonderful husband and father that he is, willingly watched our two boys and Lydia's boy so we could go on a 5 mile run in the beautiful sunny morning. Then we went and spent time with my Grandfather. What a joy to talk with him and spend time with him. I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture of him with our family. :( I will regret that. As he gets older we cherish the little bit of time that we get to see him. And we are also so grateful for the wonderful meal at the Cheesecake Factory that he took us to. :) I think he was appalled as he watched Carson put the salt/pepper shakers up to his mouth to "drink" them. (no thanks to Carson's cousin on the other side of the family that taught him that. :) hahahaha) Both boys were very tired and hungry and any parent knows that's the perfect meal to eat out at a restaurant. :) but overall they did good. And we enjoyed ourselves in the company of Grampie.
WE left in the afternoon and got home around 7:30ish.



It was a wonderful weekend away. We were relaxed and really enjoyed our time. We were able to forget about what lies ahead and fully enjoy our time - BUT we were also able to nail down an apartment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is the biggest answer to prayer - b/c anyone who has done a move like this knows, it is way better to actually move into a place, and not try to stay with someone and dump your stuff off somewhere then move it again. now we have a place to tell people our new address, I can do a "change of address" and we are much more relaxed about getting there. I wish i could explain to you how much of an answer to prayer it was - but I'm afraid I would not be able to convey it acurrately - so just know that we were hoping for a miracle and God provided just what we needed and wanted and asked for!!!! He is so good, and confirmed to us in that way that we are doing the right thing!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

SO SO SO glad you found a place to live!!!! GOD IS GOOD!!!! Praise Him for His excellent greatness!!! WAHOO!!!!

Trina Mayfield said...

I didn't know that Richard had never been up to the trailer! Yes, you should have got a picture with Grampie, but maybe you'll get another chance - who knows! I loved reading about the weekend on here (even tho I had already read all about it and talked to you). Praise the Lord for the apartment to rent! The Lord is working it all out in HIS TIME!!!! Love you guys -

The Horaks said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! :) SO happy you got an apartment lined up! I know what it's like to move to a new location and have to spend a few days in limbo. :P I hope things continue to come together for you with your big move!t an apartment lined up! I know what it's like to move to a new location and have to spend a few days in limbo. :P I hope things continue to come together for you with your big move!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...