Sunday, August 14, 2011

Touched, changed, BLESSED

Well, folks we are off!!!!
As I drive away from my home for almost 4 years my eyes are teary, but my heart is so full. Super excited for what lays ahead and the new adventure. New places to shop, new people to meet, new friends to make, new church to get involved in, new EVERYTHING!
But as much as I try to be excited - I am sad - sad to say goodbye. Sad to think that we left the house where I brought both my boys home from the hospital to, sad that the nice worker at the grocery store won't be able to say hi to my boys anymore, sad that Carson won't be able to run out the front door and play with his friends. Mostly sad to say Goodbye to my good good friends that I've made here. There is something unique about the bond that mother's make with other mother's. (I know that I will meet new mother's and have great new friends) but I am sad to say good bye. Church was hard (as expected) to say goodbye. I hadn't cried at all about this whole process (I hardly ever cry about things), but today was hard. and I cried. (I guess that's ok)

As I drove the 3 hours to my sister's house in the car alone (at least with no adults to talk to) my mind was going to all the wonderful ways we have been affected. We have been Touched, Changed, and mostly Blessed by so many amazing people in our time in Scranton.  It's wonderful to look back at how God led us there and provided for us when we stepped out in Faith almost 4 years ago, and that gives me strength and courage to know that He will always be faithful to me, even in this step of Faith!
God is good, and I have complete confidence that he will provide for all our needs, financial, emotional, and physical.
We are tired tonight - so we are going to bed. Please pray - for good sleep tonight (we're waking up at 4am to leave), good weather (it was not that great today), smooth driving, make good time, and safety. I'll try to update on tuesday with how it went.
this was what our living room looked like
right before we got it all loaded up



One of my traveling buddies
notice my Last iced Coffee for a very long time :(


This will be my view for a very long time
Thank you friends from Scranton. You have showered us with blessings as we left, and we are forever touched and grateful! All our friends are forever etched in our memories!

4 comments:

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

Hugs and prayers! You guys will do great in your new home :)

Tiff said...

Praying for you as you travel and all the emotions a move brings!!!!

Trina Mayfield said...

We were glad to see the pictures of the truck. Yes, it is BIG! But, it sounds like you have lots to meditate upon as you drive. Our prayers are with you daily as you go through this new step in your life. The Lord will be faithful to you as He always has been!!!! LOVE AND PRAYERS - - -

jeileenbaylor said...

i cried when I read this. I totally resonate. this will be us in 2 weeks. So hard, but so good. God is so good and that's such a comfort!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...