Tuesday, December 13, 2011

this really does still happen

Today was a day out for me with the boys. We only have one car so i try to plan my days to go out and only need the car no more than 2 days a week. Boys had a doctor's check up appointment, so we loaded the boys into the car on the chilly morning and headed out the door to take Daddy to work. I had about 40 min in between dropping him off and the apt. time, so I thought "What a perfect time for a nice cup of coffee". :) They have a few random drive thru coffee places, that are surprisingly decent.
(every one knows that a drive-thru is a mother's
best friend!)
I was taking a right into the place, but a car was turning in from the other direction, she was their first, so I stopped and waved her through so she could get in line first to get her coffee. Didn't think a thing of it, because after all, I did have plenty of time! As I pulled up after her to the window to order my wonderful cup of hot coffee, the kind lady told me that the car in front of me
WANTED TO PAY FOR MY CUP OF COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
b/c I was a kind driver.
I was flabbergasted! So surprised and so happy about it. As i stumbled about what I wanted, I still just ordered the cheap regular black coffee (thinking, i should've ordered a big expensive latte :) ) But what a nice special treat for me to begin my day out with the boys at the doctor's. ( and we all know, a cup of coffee goes a long way on days we have to take the kids to a doctor )

So lesson learned: be patient, let other's go first - and maybe one day I will pay for your coffee at the drive thru coffee shop!


12 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Super great story. We should all be so kind!

Trina Mayfield said...

What an amazing story and thanks for sharing about this because it reminds us to be kind and also reminded me that there are very kind people out there STILL! That was such a nice thing for that lady to do and we need to do that for others!!!! Thanks for the story - I LOVED IT!

Sarah Robertson said...

Love this! Praise the Lord for His blessings.

The Kurty Story; From my point of view said...

WOW, that was great!! I accually never thot of pay for someone elses coffee AT a drive thru!! That was so kind and it makes you think about the life of that lady. I'm so glad for that story and testamony of that nice lady! Pay it forward :-)

Michelle said...

What a special blessing, Jess! But it doesn't surprise me that you were so kind to that driver...you are one of the sweetest people I know!

Tiff said...

Wow! What a special treat!

Unknown said...

Very cool story. I had something similar happen last week at the school drop-off. A very nice woman stopped traffic for roughly seven minutes to let traffic into and out of the school.

Unknown said...

I am flabergasted by a few things. 1. You have a few coffee stands. 2. She paid for your coffee. 3. You went to a coffee stand and got black coffee. Haha I joke. It's the Seattle in me, I couldn't help it. This is really a great story. Really shows there are still good people out there.

XLMIC said...

That is so totally nice and so reaffirming as to the kindness of others...on both sides :)

Alison said...

That is such a lovely example of mutual kindness and paying it forward!

Unknown said...

That is so nice! Thanks for sharing an example of someone just being kind, just because.

Shannon from mynewfavoriteday said...

So wonderful to hear stories like this and how little random acts of kindness incent others to be kind! It sounds like you are pretty kind so what a lovely gift that your kindness was returned to you and probably also shared with others based on both of your happy feelings! Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...