Friday, January 11, 2013

10 Random Facts Friday

1. I really needed today. It seemed like a long tiring week and today I'm laying low on this cold day with they boys and recharging. It's amazing how emotional/stressed I get when I'm tired - and then with a little rest - I feel all better. Is anyone else like that?

2. I want to be careful to boast about my potty training endeavor b/c I in no way want to sound pious or that I'm great. My method, I'm fully aware and believe, will not work for every child or every mother. This is how I run my household and my children - and is not the "right" way to do it. I will gladly explain how we do it - but I don't think it's the best way. I'm a firm believer that each mother knows their child, knows when they're ready, and has a unique way to run their household.
But that being said - I'm pretty sure Landon is Potty-Trained and I'm super happy about that. It's a big milestone for moms to accomplish. Something I've dreaded the most so far in motherhood - and now I'm done with both my kids. :)

3. I got the flu shot for the boys. (Please this is not meant to be a debate about vaccines.) I did make sure there was no mercury in it for whatever that's worth. WE have been healthy so far this season (except for a small bout of sickness) and didn't really think about it - until I started talking to basically everyone (and reading the news) and I got all nervous and went and got the flu shot for them. Oh well

4. I'm thankful for the body of Christ and how we can encourage one another. Like I had a crappy week - and then I went to life group and was honest with them there about my week, and I felt deep love and concern and care by them for my heart! And that helped me so much

5. Richard and I had a rough week and by no means served each other well. But in the end - I can honestly say I'm thankful to take this ride of life together, to navigate through the rough, dry waters, and the highs and exciting things in life. And by the end of the week we're thankful for God's forgiveness and forgive each other and understand each other a tiny bit better than last week. :)

6. I am watching a 5 month old (almost 6 months) now 4 days a week, 8 hrs a day. I'm so thankful for this opportutity especially financially.  It will take a little while to adjust. I realize a LOT of moms do this with 3 or even more kiddos - so I know it's not too bad. But I do have to give myself some adjustment time in getting used to a routine, figuring out the little girl.

7. Broncos are seeded first in their division and going into the play-offs - that means we're in full BRONCOS mode around this household.

8. My boys love books. They will read book forever if you let them. In fact almost always I cut them off b/c I'm tired of reading books to them!!!! I should just sit down one day and read until they want to stop and see how long it goes. :) My boys may not know how to count, sit still for anything else, or know their letters -but they like to read. I'm banking on that being as beneficial as everyone tells me it will be.

9. I love cooking in the winter time. Baking, cooking meals, crockpots, you name it - I love it. Fall, winter, and some of spring is when I do all the cooking. I don't cook in the summer time. :)

10. Remember how I hate vacuuming  Well now we live in an apartment that has A LOT of carpet, (even in the dining room) - so I'm proud to say vacuuming is becoming more normal to me, I don't mind it as much and I'm just used to doing it all the time without complaining. Dusting - on the other hand, not there yet. :)

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...