Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Meditations on Motherhood


Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Look at these two cuties!!! I am so amazed that I get to spend every day with them. I love seeing their personalities develop. Their relationship between them is growing and they are pretty much inseparable.

Landon has this way of grabbing you around the neck and giving me the BEST hug I've ever received and he loves to just hold me like that. If you're carrying him he will grab you around the neck too - and it literally melts my heart every time! I love the way he grabs by face to get the perfect place on my cheek to kiss!

I love when Carson wakes up from his nap and just wants to sit on your lap for 15-20 min. Just sitting there cuddling.  He will even ask to cuddle on the couch after naptime if I forget to. I never want to forget that!

I might've said this before - but my boys are at an age right now that I just want them to stop growing up. I've always looked to the next phase or stage - but the next phase scares me and I don't want to face it! SCHOOLING! YIKES! I want my boys to stay here, little, forever! :) I don't want to send them off to the world. But I guess that's life. I can protect them and I control everything about their lives right now. Soon it won't be like that. But I guess i also need to realize there are other benefits to kids growing up. :)

Days are not always easy. Landon still doesn't obey anything I say but he's always happy so I don't even realize he is disobeying. Carson throws many fits still. I still respond very sinfully to them and my patience runs on empty most of the day (it seems anyways). But I read something another blogger mom said - and it's so true. Go read her post about it here! "my kids give me grace like i need to give grace. they love me even when i mess up, when i shout, when i just plain don't mother well at well. they are quick to forgive, quick to kiss me again, and quick to act like i never even messed up. i can learn so much from these little souls. "
I pretty much wish that I wrote that blog post - b/c that's what I'm really trying to say here. ha
Any ways - all I'm trying to say is - although days seems so trying-of-my-patience and I feel like I can't handle filling up one more sippy cup, or one more toy broken on purpose, or one more crying fit or whine - These children and days are gifts to me! I am blessed beyond measure and I don't want to forget these days!
That's all I'm trying to say :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...