Thursday, July 25, 2013

Today - I said "Yes"

This last week for our family has been, for lack of a better way to say it, pretty crummy. But for no apparent reason. Especially because I know that we are completely blessed and my God loves us and takes care of us.
But some days, despite that truth, life gets hard. Work is stressful, kids are very disobedient, my body is tired from everything, and things keep piling up of our own responsibilities.

So today I was determined after having "miserable" days with the boys that I would do something really fun and different with them. And not get on their case all day for "doing the right thing" or not doing something that they are doing. Some days are filled with the word "NO". It's like they keep asking to have, or do, or use, or break everything that they know I say "no" to.
But today I was determined to not care about all the little things, let them be boys and run and play and indulge a little.  I contacted my friend and asked if she wanted to take all the kiddos to a fun place with me. And it turned out to be perfect.

I said yes to a lollipop found in the front console of our car at 10:00 in the morning, I said yes to taking a baggie of cereal in the car with us. I said yes to playing on the playground when I wanted to start walking towards our destination. I said yes to taking off your shoes and getting in the water. I said yes to throwing sticks, to carrying sticks, to running ahead of me. I said yes to eating a small piece of chocolate, to the fruit snacks he wanted.I said yes to reading books even though I'm tired of it. I said yes to licking my spoon, to stirring the batter (even though it makes a mess and takes longer).

And you know what??!?
We have had a great day! The boys are doing so well. We're so relaxed and calm and thankful. Some days all you need is a change of pace, a new focus and everyone feels better. :) Try IT!



 A day like today was just what this weary family needed in this crazy thing called LIFE!


2 comments:

Trina Mayfield said...

I absolutely LOVED this post! Sometimes, it just really doesn't matter, so the relaxing and saying YES and just enjoying time together is what is needed!!! These times make some of the crummy times even better!!!! Glad you had a good day!!!

Mrs. Frogster said...

Saying yes is so hard to do sometimes. Sounds like it helped you relax and took away the stress of the week. good job Momma on figuring out that that's what you all needed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...