Monday, April 9, 2012

HE LIVES

We had a wonderful Easter celebrating the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Savior with our new church family!
Friday night I experienced for the first time a Darkening Service. Boy was it wonderful to focus on the Death of our Savior, meditating on the last words that he spoke, then worshiping in song and reflection! I found it so surprisingly refreshing to meditate and think on the day he died, and what the disciples and his followers must've been thinking that night and following Saturday. I loved that they ended that Darkening Service stating that we will resume this service on Sunday in Celebration that Christ Arose and is  no longer buried in the tomb, and thinking on how the disciples would've celebrated that! It was something I had never really thought about much, but it just seemed so intentional and focused. Very Refreshing! How wonderful that Jesus came as a man, took my sin and punishment, so that I could be forgiven and have eternal life! And then to realize the Grace I have and the love of a perfect father b/c of that day on the cross. How humbling and exciting! May I never forget that!
And in Theme of my Word of the year
We ENJOYED our Easter as a family in Colorado this year
The weather did not disappoint
My mother bought cute outfits for the boys.
Richard got to watch the Masters golf tourney
on a friend's tv (that is much better than ours)
I took a nap and had wonderful conversation
with a great new friend




 Then we enjoyed a stroll at a nearby park
The boys loved being outside
strolling with daddy




2 comments:

Trina Mayfield said...

I absolutely LOVE the pictures! It really looks like you had a great day! And the boys are just SO CUTE! We can't wait to see them in May!!!!! (and you guys too:-))

The Horaks said...

I've never been to a Darkening Service either...sounds really neat! Love all the pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...