Saturday, April 13, 2013

Commissioning?????

Commission: The act of granting certain powers or the authority to carry out a particular task or duty.

This is what we got to experience last weekend. My younger sister and her husband were Commissioned by their home church to go to Spain and give people the gospel. To tell others about a loving God who sent his son to save them and give them eternal life in a kingdom with Himself.
The Fulks
My sister, Juli, and her beautiful family
We were so thankful to be able to be a part of that ceremony. I think it was the first time it really hit my mom, twin and I - that we are saying goodbye to our little sister for a very long time. She will be so far away. She is leaving the comforts and familiarity of this country to go and serve the people in Spain b/c she loves them and wants them to know the loving God of the Bible. 
All the family that was able to make it


The original 4 J's. :) (Jeffrey, Jerelyn, Juli, and Jess)

The Mayfields plus Scott :)

 It was a wonderful weekend. My twin surprised me. I didn't think she was going to make it and but in the end I was the only one that didn't know she was coming. All us original 6 Mayfields were there together to celebrate this new stage of life with my sister. We made many memories and enjoyed our time so much. 

I was so happy she came. She helpled me a lot
with my boys

SISTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
 The Day of the Commissioning Service was pretty long for the boys in a new place - and he was just so tired by the end of the day. He just climbed right up there and fell asleep immediately. 
I had to post this one. Cute little Cousin Dominic got ahold of Landon's underwear and put it on his head. He is affectionately known by Carson now as Underwear man. :) (a super hero of course :) )



We will miss you Fulk Family! And we will pray for you often

2 comments:

Trina Mayfield said...

I just love reading your posts! We really did have a great time together! Thanks for making the trip with your boys, even though it was hard! Your boys helped make the trip complete!! Love you guys!!

The Kurty Story; From my point of view said...

It was so beautiful, and bitter sweet!! I loved that I got to go and have one last time of memories and round of goodbyes, cuz I wasn't ready to say goodbye back in November!!!! I will miss them greatly but I'm so proud of them. To God be the glory, great things He has done!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...