Monday, March 21, 2011

Fear


I have struggled with the Sin of Fear most of my life. I even would make my sister's sleep with me in highschool and College b/c I couldn't sleep some nights. I would fear just about anything. And it was very hard to control my thoughts. (getting married was the best thing for me, I always have a sleeping partner, and he helps me take my thoughts captive and settle down).

This Sunday, our Pastor preached on Psalm 46. In light of everything that is going on in this world, my mind starts racing to every possible scenario that is possible (mostly influenced by Hollywood).

As followers of Christ, there are 2 distinctions we should have - that we love one another, and that we don't live in Fear. This was a challenge to me -
God is our refuge and Strength, an ever present help in trouble, therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way, or the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.
Vs. 10 - Be still and know that I am GOD, I will be exalted among the Nations, I will be exalted in the earth. Vs 11 - The Lord Almighty is with us, the God of Jacob is our Fortress.

In the midst of all this Chaos due to our sinful world - I will not fear, God is my fortress. I trust in Him, he is my refuge and my Strength. My mind will be still and know that God is my GOD!

2 comments:

Trina Mayfield said...

It is so encouraging to hear how the Lord is working in your life to overcome this temptation of "fear". I love how sensitive you are to the Lord and to His working in your life. You make me proud!!:-)

The Lockwoods said...

Jess,
I loved reading your post since it sounds like something I could have written about myself! :) I am so prone to worry or fear and struggle everyday to make sure to commit everything to him. I plan on reading the Psalms passage tonight for devos. Thanks for being so open!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...