Sunday, October 14, 2012

Why not?

Whenever i tell Carson that we are going to a park, he asks if we are going to the one with the big slide. It's been a couple months now and every time i tell him "no". For whatever reason, either we're meeting someone else at another park, or it's farther away so we don't have time . . . 
Anyways - Needless to say, last weds I used a great opportunity to show Carson that I loved him and desire to make him happy. :) Some days, who am I kidding, ALL days, I feel like I constantly say "no, don't do that; Stop doing that, No we cannot do that or go there today". And I was on the verge of doing that on weds and something made me stop and think about it.  We were going to go to a park nearby for a short time after grocery shopping, but he asked me again - and I thought - Why not??!!! Sure - it's a little farther away - but we can go. He was so happy to be at the park with the big slide and dinosaur bones. :) Glad, for now, his demands are easily met. :)



Did I ever tell you that I love that Fort Collins has so many great parks so easily accessible? It's so great for my two very active boys who live in a small 3rd floor apartment. :)

2 comments:

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

That does look like a nice park! I used to take the kids to parks quite a bit before Anna was born. I need to get back into it as the kids just love it! Better get all the playing in before it gets to cold!

Trina Mayfield said...

Did we go to this park? I don't remember this big elephant at any of them that we went to! Anyway, glad Carson was able to get to his favorite park! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...