Thursday, May 12, 2011

Guilty Pleasures

I'm not sure if these count as guilty pleasures or not, because I'm starting to get calloused to the guilt and just enjoying them to the fullest.
First One - Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla Iced Coffee's with Cream and Sugar. (although the new caramel one is a close second) I know I know, so unhealthy and terrible for you!!! But I LOVE them!!!! I am pretty sure it's official that I'm "addicted" although that seems like a harsh word. it all happened last summer when I was pregnant and it was so hot. and for some reason this Scranton Franchise sells them super cheap - Medium is only $1.47 and sometimes in the summer they go down to $1.16 (at least last summer they did) and they often have $.99 coupon any size in the paper. So it's very cheap guilty pleasure, although I stay away from adding up how many I have and what the price is over time. But I find ways to come by petty cash to fund my guilty pleasure. :) (that is sorta an addiction huh,?? doing anything possible to be able to attain one.) oh well. when i drink hot coffee I drink it black, and I try really hard to not drink calories in my day. I only ever drink water, and we never have anything other than water, milk, and juice for the boys in our fridge. So this is the only time I drink calories. So I excuse myself, and just enjoy each one that I can get. I don't even care if other's judge me for this "addiction" b/c I have no desire to back off. :) Sorry friends. I love it, what can I say????
Second - Lindt Chocolate truffles!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If i was a writer I would describe them to you and it would make you want to go to the store right now - but I'm not. So all I'll say is no matter what variety you get, the hard shell, and the soft smooth filling inside that just melts when you crack the shell and it hits your tongue is ABSOLUTELY amazing!!!!!!! it's the best chocolate to me - as far as what I've been exposed to in my life. The hazelnut are my favorite and second most favorite is the Dark chocolate.! HMMMMMM so yummy!!!! And really - I could eat a whole bag in one sitting - although I try to limit myself to 2 a day when we have them on stock (which is only after bdays, mother's day, and valentine's day, or our anniversary :) )

I'd be interested to know what your "guilty pleasures" are or what makes your day better. what do you treasure and enjoy and look forward to??????

11 comments:

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

Gasp! We are secret twins! I also love to run (although I am out of practice these days..) and the Lindt truffles are To. Die. For.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

Keara said...

SLEEP!! Sleep is my guilty pleasure. I'm a sleep glutton.

Michelle said...

Ice cream. TOTAL guilty pleasure. And between you and me, if I had my way, I'd eat a whole half gallon in one sitting. I do my best, though, to only eat one bowl (or cone) a day when it's in the house. Mike says he's never heard me say "no" to ice cream...and it's true!!!!

Rebecca said...

I am completely with you, Jess. I love iced coffee, but mine comes from Culver's. I also like the same truffles, but I think the milk chocolate are my favorite. I have a very hard time walking past chocolate covered pretzels as well.

Jessica said...

Oh, guilty pleasures. I have so many of them. Right now, my main guilty pleasure is Jello's Chocolate Mousse. Each one is only 60 calories and they're so, so yummy!

Kelly Hughes said...

starbux frappes!! but they are SO expensive, so I RARELY get them! jealous of your great deal, because I am sure I would love those drinks as well. And yes, I usually eat a piece of chocolate after lunch. I never "needed" to until post-kids, but now it's a nice little pick-me-up. =)

Trina Mayfield said...

I think I would say that Yankee candles are my guilty pleasures but at least those don't add pounds to me! But, those Lindt chocolates are the BEST - all flavors that I have tried, I have loved! I believe that if it just takes things like this for you to feel happy and content, GO FOR IT!!!!

Karen Greenberg said...

Those truffles are FANTASTIC! I, too, could eat a whole bag in one sitting but try to limit myself to a couple a day. Note the TRY being the operative word in that sentence. I have never tried the Hazelnut. Now I must send my husband out on a hunt. He, too, loves the truffles and will enjoy the search!

My guilty pleasure is TV. I could watch old TV seasons all day long sometimes. I am currently watching Grey's Anatomy from the beginning. I've never watched the show before, but I'm hooked now!

I'm stopping by from Time Travel Tuesday. Have a great week!

Cheryl said...

I am not a coffee drinker but I'm soooo with you on the Lindt truffles - though that's not what we call them in Australia, think they are just called chocolates here. I love letting the harder outer surface melt away in my mouth and then enjoying that soft sumptuous centre. Think I have to go and shop!

Dominique Goh said...

I too love dark chocolate.. yummy!!

The Sisters' Hood said...

http://www.bywordofmouthmusings.com/2010/09/24-la-jack-bauer-or-lettermans-top-10.html Yes, link up, its TIME, Time for Time Travel Tuesday ... come on over, dust off an old post and link up to hop and work that Alexa rating!

Link is up again, let me know if you would like help to set up a fan page on facebook for your blog - we could have it up and running in a few minutes - really!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...