There was an error in this gadget

Monday, May 2, 2011

Children's Advocacy Center Moonlight 5K race

My friends who let me run with them
Josh did the 10K. He did great!!!
Caren and I did the 5K and
got good times.
My boys came to support me. :)
Thank you loving husband
to stay with them for so long
while they were cranky in that stroller
just so I could run. :)
Starting out the run!!! Can you see us?? :)
At the first Mile - Feeling great still :)
Sprinting to the end.
It's been a hobby of mine to pick up running for a while. Although I must say - I am in no way considering myself a runner. It's sorta joke compared to a lot of people that I know that are true "runners". But I try a little, and enjoy it. I do aspire one day to be good at it and run good times and long distances, but for now, I keep it as my hobby. :)
I had done one other race but that was over a year and half ago. A 5K is 3.1 miles. I have been running up to 4 miles pretty consistently so I wasn't too afraid of the distance. It was more just nerves for the race, I was kinda nervous. It was way funner (that's probably not good grammar) to run with a friend and that helped. I felt great the whole race. At the end I sorta wished I had pushed myself a little harder, but it's hard to pace yourself when you don't know the course or exactly how far you have to go still. I was afraid I would push and then lose steam and didn't want that to happen. I came in around 28.14 which I was happy with. (but I know to all your "runners" out there, it's not that good of a time) (The time thing did get messed up b/c I didn't know to go into a certain spot with my little ankle timer thing, that's b/c of my inexperience I guess; i saw the clock as I ran past, so that's the time I'm using :)). I had plenty of energy left at the end and the adrenaline kicked in and I blew past a couple people right at the end, that's a good feeling, but in my heart I know I could've started sprinting earlier and maybe beaten my goal of getting under 28. But it was hard to know how far I had. Oh well. Next time maybe I'll have a fancy watch that keeps my pace and time and distance. :) (if I become a "real runner" )
My next personal goal is to do a 10K which would be 6.2 miles. I definitely know I can do it. and depending on how my life goes, maybe I will do it this year. :)
Overall, I'm glad to donate to a good cause to protect children, and I'm so happy for the experience. It makes the waking up early to run in the AM a little more exciting when you do something like this in the end. :) Thank you Michaels for letting me do it with you - it was so much fun!!!!!!

1 comment:

Trina Mayfield said...

I'm really proud of you, Jessica! I think that is really amazing because you have two little boys and you did a great job running. Keep up the good work and making, working at and reaching those goals. GOOD JOB!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...