Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Great Fellowship

I think we spent 5 straight days with people. (6 if you count the night I watched my neighbors kids for them) I love a good social life and thoroughly enjoyed each event.

Saturday sticks out in my mind and I will hopefully remember it forever. We got together with a couple we met through the Seminary. One semester Mr. M and Richard were the only ones in a Hebrew class. So they got to know each other very well. Mrs. M. serves with me on the SWF committee so I've gotten to know her. Both seemed like wise, humble people, so we wanted to get together with them. Great food!!! Great conversation. We left thinking - we want to impact people how they impacted us. So humble! So Spiritual in all their conversation - but not one ounce of "fakeness" in them. Totally sincere. Great wisdom as experience parents. Humbling and convicting for me in my parenting mindset.
First time ever I was at someone's house on a saturday night that we prayed for the services and the pastor's for the next day. And not awkward at all - very eye opening, and wonderful. Thank you God for putting that night in Richard and I's life to show us how far we have to go in our walk with you, and that we have people to look up to. (another great thing - is we got free babysitting, from a trade off thing we started with our neighbors!! so excited about that too)
Even if we never get together with them again - we are changed couple b/c of them!!!

2 comments:

Trina Mayfield said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time with them and that they impacted your lives so much. What a great example for you guys! What a joy to hear that my children are walking in truth!

Tiff said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm enjoying seeing new blogs at the UBP. I'm now following your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...