Thursday, June 13, 2013
I absolutely LOVE when people come to visit. If I'm honest with you all,]- I hope someone comes to my door all the time. I never mind when people just drop by for a long visit or a quick one. It never stresses me out.
So If you were to come to my house today it would make my day. This is maybe a little scenario of what would take place. Hopefully I would hear just as much about your life with all this conversation.
I would ask if you wanted anything to eat or drink. We would sit on the couch and just talk. (after we put the cushions back on the couch b/c my boys always take them off and jump on them. :) )
1. I would tell you how I wish I liked coffee. Since being pregnant I just don't really want hot coffee. I always try to drink it thinking I will like it, but it's just not that appealing to me. Now Iced anything coffee and Hot Lattes are still acceptable. :) I guess it's good my body reacts this way when I'm pregnant so I don't drink too much caffeine
2. My living room would have children's books all over, cars and random toys and probably some blankets and pillows. There would probably be dishes in the sink and I would complain about our trash can smelling b/c of something I put in it. :) And I would probably have some sort of laundry either dirty waiting to be washed, washed but not folded, or folded and just not put away. B/c it takes me about 3 or in this weeks' case 4 days to do all those steps. :) OH and Dust - there would be dust in many places b/c I don't dust very often. :) Hope you're ok with that.
3. My boys would talk to you and tell you all crazy things they come up with for the first 15-20 min b/c they get just as excited when people show up. :)
5. I would ask how you're doing! How is mothering going for you? How is school going? how is married life? What do you think about life? I love hearing people's stories.
7. I would tell you the frustrations in Richard's job, but how we are trying to pray about things and figure it all out. Being amazed at how God provides for us, and also trying to be wise in our decisions.
8. I would tell you how good of a father Richard is. That he does so well with the boys. I always tease him that he makes me look like a bad mom b/c they enjoy him so much. :)
10. i would tell you about our "worries" with where to move/live in the hopefully very near future. That I'm thankful for our apartment and that it's cheap rent, but that I'm also pretty sick of a lot of things. But I will then wish I didn't complain about it all so much
Soon it would be time for you to leave. I would tell you a million times how happy I was that you came by. And hope that we can do it again soon. To catch up on more areas of our lives.
Until next time . . .