Sunday, December 2, 2012

Wow, what a trip

Photobucket
Most of you have seen all of these pictures on my instagram feed or on FB - but I love to have record of it on this here blog.
It was a whirlwind of a trip with little rest for boys or us adults - but we packed as many memories and things in as we could.
This trip was such a healing time for me and I came back to life here in Fort Collins refreshed and ready to face the holiday season and the responsibilities that I have. It was just what I needed and I'm so thankful that it worked out. It was worth every hour of sleep lost and every penny spent. Here is a run down of the trip.

Thursday AM (thanksgiving day) we flew out of Denver at 12:45 AM and got into Boston at 8:30 AM. It is a lot nicer traveling that time of night b/c it was so quiet and not busy at all and very easy. Just wish it didn't mean losing sleep. Our boys always travel really well and I don't stress out about that - but they did lose a lot of sleep that night. My wonderful Aunt cooked a great meal for all of us and we packed her house out more than once with all the people that we had. but we were so grateful for her opening up her house and feeding us so much. The rest of the day was spent eating food and spending time with my immediate family and some cousins. Photobucket Photobucket
Friday I got to see a great friend from elementary school. She is dear to my heart and I cherish every moment that I get to spend with her. Our families are growing and it's fun to see each other and how much we've changed as people but still have a great friendship.  That evening my parents decided to take all 5 of the 6 grandboys to a christmas lighting place. Photobucket
Photobucket
It was fun for the grandkids - but also fun for us adults that we could have a dinner out and talk and catch up on life without the distraction of kids. My two sisters are my best friends even though we will probably always be spread out in the world we are close in hearts and I love them very much. Plus we did my parents a service letting them spend quality time with their grandkids, right? :) hehehe (no, really we were grateful that they did that for us) Photobucket
Saturday was the big 90th birthday bash for my grandfather. It was a packed day - but I think everyone had a great time. And we were honored to be able to help him celebrate and to see the legacy he leaves behind.
Photobucket


Sunday was church and happened to be our 6th anniversary also. Richard gave me a wonderful gift of a nest necklace. two blue pearls to symbolize my two boys and one white one to symbolize my baby in heaven. Precious and wonderful and I love it!!!!  We also got to hear my father preach at Sunday night church and I am so thankful for that. Photobucket

Monday the whole gang (all my immediate family) headed into downtown Boston to visit the Children's Museum. It was such a fun day! Perfect for the boys and we all had a wonderful time. Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday we found a local indoor play area for the boys to run off energy. And finished out the trip eating at the Rainforest Cafe. Which of course the boys loved. Then everyone started leaving and heading back home.
Photobucket

Wednesday we woke up bright and early at 4 AM and headed to airport to come back home.
We are home now recouping from the loss of sleep and colds that we caught while traveling. But we are reminiscing in the wonderful memories that were made and the great time together. We couldn't be more thankful. I was given a gift by God of an awesome family and one that I love dearly and who loves me. and for that I am thankful.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Trina Mayfield said...

I absolutely loved reading about your week!!! Even though I was there with you, I still enjoy reading your perspective on it. We really made great memories together and this time will remain as one of our favorite times together! I loved the pictures you posted too.

doddyj said...

So many great pictures! I'm so glad you had a chance to get to see your family and find refreshment. I hope you guys have a great holiday. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...