What a joy it was to be in church again this Sunday. The Crossing really has become our family and we could not be more thankful for it. We sang the old hymn "the Solid Rock" this past week and boy was I struck with the words. It brought me to tears. I claim these words and cling to the Solid Rock, when darkness veils Christ's lovely face, or in every high and stormy gale - My anchor Holds within the veil.
His oath, his covenant, his blood support me in the whelming flood.
I am clinging to the Solid Rock - my hope is built on nothing less. Without Jesus' blood and righteousness this life has no meaning or worth, and pain has no meaning - but b/c he shed his blood for my sinful soul - I can lean on his name! These are words I claim and strive to fight for in my heart. As I move along in this life and God heals my broken heart slowly - I cling to this hymn and the truth of Christ in it.
- My hope is built on nothing lessThan Jesus’ blood and righteousness;I dare not trust the sweetest frame,But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
- Refrain:On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;All other ground is sinking sand,All other ground is sinking sand.
- When darkness veils His lovely face,I rest on His unchanging grace;In every high and stormy gale,My anchor holds within the veil.
- His oath, His covenant, His bloodSupport me in the whelming flood;When all around my soul gives way,He then is all my hope and stay.
- When He shall come with trumpet sound,Oh, may I then in Him be found;Dressed in His righteousness alone,Faultless to stand before the throne.