Sometimes life feels hard. Things in life bog you down or you get tired, or things start breaking and going wrong.
Richard and I sorta feel like we are in a season like this right now. Our future is very unsure and we have a lot to figure out and we wonder often how will "we" figure it all out and get everything done, and when will this all happen.
At the same time, in the present- things in our lives keep going the wrong way, or things keep happening that require attention and suck away our time that we could be using on figuring out our lives.
I decided the other night, it's not that I worry that we will be destitute or end up on the streets starving, the hard part for me is waiting. (haven't I said that before on this blog??? :) ) I want to know how it will all work out, I want to understand exactly how God will work out details for moving or details for solving our current "problems."
It's easy to get discouraged and bogged down about it - but I keep coming back to two things.
1. In the scheme of life, we're not so bad. i completely realize our situation is "not that bad" despite how I feel right now. God continually places stories and people in my life that remind me, I am blessed and there are others much "worse". (I don't know if this is really an ok thing to rationalize with - but it helps me keep perspective)
2. I trust that God is in control of the world and every detail of my life. I trust that He not only knew what did and is going to happen, but he has ordained it. He is using it to bring Glory to himself, and I will praise him in the storm.
God's plan is much bigger than me. His ultimate purpose is to bring lost sinners to Himself.
My mother so graciously gave me this quote just today, I have to share it on my blog!
We will never live in Freedom or Power
until we consistently choose against worry
and deliberately chose to trust in God alone.
When we chose to trust God
we are choosing against worry.
You Lord Give true peace.
You give peace to those who depend on you
You give peace to those who trust in you
It is simple - God rewards our trust with Peace
THANK YOU LORD FOR YOU GREAT PEACE
1. To you O Lord I lift up my soul
2. In you I trust, O my God.
3. No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame,
4. show me your ways O Lord, teach me your paths;
5. Guide me in your truth, and teach me, for you are God My Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
God help me focus on truth and your Word and not my feelings. help me to live by your strength each day and not my own. Help be a light for your glory in the midst of my "life".
And what I always tell my friends when they are going through a hard time - It will be so exciting to be able to tell the story of how God worked things out! so I tell myself the same thing - I can't wait to tell you all how all the details worked out and how God showed himself faithful!