Sunday, July 4, 2010

2nd pregnancy


So here I am at 25 weeks. Onlly 15 or less to go. Some people say - oh that's not very much, others say - you still have a long way to go. So take that as you want to. :-)

this pregnancy I've craved lots of cold, expensive, calorie rich drinks. It's cold and costly - I want it. :-) Slushies, iced coffees, frappes, smoothies, milkshakes. Anything like that. I really need to get a blender and make some myself - but there is something about buying one that was made for you that tastes so good. :-)
Needless to say the only one I have really indulged in is the Iced Coffees - mostly b/c I can get them for $1.16 and they are very accessible. So wonderful. Hot coffee is not appealing to me at all but you say the work iced before it and I want it. :-)
I think it's probably b/c I'm pregnant through the summer and it's been so hot. But I will admit - so far the heat hasn't been as bad as I was anticipating - although the humidity realy does zap me of my energy. Overall i feel great still. Hoping that sticks around for a while.

I am so excited to have this baby and hold him, and enjoy him. With carson i had no idea what to expect and didn't understand the love you have for your children. this time around I understand all that. I cannot wait to have another child. God really does place something in a woman's heart for family and taking care of the home. I feel like I have just flourished as a woman in motherhood. Just thoroughly enjoying it.

One thing i'm very nervous and tend to get anzious about is the delivery. I really have my hopes up for a Vaginal birth after C-section (VBAC). But it's so hard to know what's going to happen. i will do all in my power - but most of it I'm powerless with. I know that I will be terribly disappointed if I have to have another surgery - but I'm just trying to prepare my heart for what God has and not have expectations. but at the same time I want to go into it with determination and even anticipation for what doctor's will want to do and prepared to stand up to it if I can. but the waiting game is the problem - I have no way to predict what will happen - and I just have to wait and see what will happen. So far everyone doctor or U/S doctor says I'm a perfect candidate but also - even they can't predict what will have to happen. SO I trust GOD!

5 comments:

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Thanks for the update! It is exciting to think about holding another newborn and such! Being a mother is such a wonderful thing!

Trina Mayfield said...

I love reading your thoughts, Jess! And I can't wait to be with you again as you adjust to your new little boy. You are a WONDERFUL mother and I am so proud of you. You have become a great wife and mother and it's just so amazing to watch you. I LOVE YOU!

The Horaks said...

It's fun to hear about how your pregnancy is going! I'll be praying that everything goes really smoothly with the birth of your baby!

jeileenbaylor said...

You look adorable! And I know just what you mean about the summer pregnancy, so different! And LOTS of cold drinks are necessary ;) I will be praying for your delivery and for your heart. Love you girl!

JordanandSue said...

You look so cute, Jessica- I hope you enjoy these last weeks of pregnancy. I know you can't wait to hold your new little man! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...