Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Looking Back

I have been reflecting a lot lately. For two reasons: 1. Carson is turning 3 this Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UM yeah! Can you believe it!!??!!??! and 2. our computer's screen saver run through our pictures file and I find myself just stopping and watching it for like 10 min as it scrolls through random pictures of our lives and mostly our kids lives. I can't believe how life goes so fast. (the minutes and days go by so slow but the years go by so so fast!!!)

I've been trying to come up with a good post for Carson's birthday but everything I want to write seems cheesy and mundane and I can't come up with anything creative - stay tuned :)

Today I've been battling - keeping every thought captive. 2 Corinthians 10:5! Speaking truth to myself. Knowing that no matter what I perceive in others and how they treat me - I am loved by a pure and Holy God and he loves me perfectly and unconditionally - and it's not because of anything I did!  So why be depressed when a person didn't invite me somewhere. Or why worry if I'm doing enough and helping other's enough. Relax and ENJOY God's goodness and love to me - and let that be the overflow of my love towards others!

Ps. 33: 18-22
18 But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, 
   on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, 
19 to deliver them from death 
   and keep them alive in famine.
 20 We wait in hope for the LORD;
   he is our help and our shield.
21 In him our hearts rejoice,
   for we trust in his holy name.
22 May your unfailing love be with us, LORD,
   even as we put our hope in you.

And today we got tons of sunshine all morning! And I leave with pictures of our morning. Can you see how big Carson is???!!!???? He is no longer a toddler - officially a little boy :( 





4 comments:

Trina Mayfield said...

Just remember - - - the only thing you have to do today is PLEASE HIM! And as I've often said, "look at the big picture". You have MANY friends all over the States (and even mainly in 2 States now) and even if you don't get an invite one time, they all love you!!! And btw, I don't think I've seen these outside toys of the boys. They look like they absolutely LOVE being outside!:-)

doddyj said...

such a great reminder- thanks. It's easy to fall into the pleasing people line of thinking.

if I lived near you, I would have invited you over today. ;)

Jessica said...

This is such a sweet post. And you're right, it's amazing how quickly these years of our children's lives fly by. It's all so bittersweet. To watch them grow is magical and wonderful, but to watch them grow is also a bit sad, you know? I can't wait to read your post. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

The Kurty Story; From my point of view said...

I know you will do a wonderful post for Carson's birthday. You are so creative! I love reading what your thinking and learning and going thru and your daily life. You always have great blogs. Can you tell I'm your biggest fan??!!!? That was a great remiinder to keep our thots captive. I struggle so much with that! Espesally in our time of life where my guard is up 24/7 and I never know what people really think of me :-) Love you, Jess and know that you are loved!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...