Thursday, October 27, 2011

Blog Bash 2011





I love a good party - and since we just moved  - These are the only parties I'm invited to lately. (hahha, i'm just kidding, people here are so wonderful and we are fitting in nicely). I'm linking up over at Women Living Well Blog bash!

This is the most recent updated picture of my family
So that's a little about myself already. My name is Jessica. I grew up as a missionary kid in Ecuador since I was 2. I tell you that b/c that has completely shaped who i am today, how I think, and my desires for my kids. My parents are still living there. I went to a small bible college and there met the man of my dreams who took a while to realize I was in front of his nose. :) he finally did come to his senses and noticed one of his best friends would make a "fun" wife, so we got married November 2006. (Yup, soon will be 5 yr anniversary). He is from Western Colorado and we lived in his home town for about 10 months before we moved across the country to Scranton PA. We had a wonderful almost 4 yrs there and met tons of wonderful friends and people who shaped our lives, all while Richard attended Seminary. In may of this year, he got his masters, so we had to think of what we wanted to do next. Oh yeah, we also had 2 kids while we were there. :) Carson is 2 and half, and Landon 13 months. We had a great community of young families in our church and it was the perfect setting for us to start ours with so much wisdom and support there.

To make a long story short  we decided July 2011 to move by faith to Fort Collins CO, to help out a church plant called The Crossing. So August 13th we packed up our truck and pulled out of the place where my 2 children were born.  It was a huge move, and Richard did not have a job at first, and we only knew one couple in Fort Collins. It's been so amazing to watch God provide a job for Richard, and you can read that story here. To be completely calm and sure that God led us here, and watch details work out both in the church and in our lives. To see how God is molding us and changing us and using us, bringing Glory to Himself, has been amazing and just what we needed as a family. And slowly we are gaining new friends. Although we miss our good friends in PA, we have great people here that we are getting to know so well and enjoying that.

I recently wrote a big blog about why I blog, you can go here to read about that. And please do, b/c I really was able to share my heart there.
I usually blog in the afternoon while both my boys are napping. And I truly cherish that time. I love being able to share my heart and read great stories about other's lives. I guess you can say it's my outlet for the day. :)

I love my boys to death but am learning so much about this whole parenting thing. I love staying at home with them and spending my days with them. It's not always easy and i easily get frustrated but I would never change my circumstances right now. It's wonderful to have the flexibilty to go out or help others in need. And I truly want these days that I am at home to be profitable for my boys, for me, and for others.

I would love for you to join us on our journey as we help in the church, learn how to live this life glorifying God, and living in Grace that he graciously bestows on us. I would love for you to watch as we make Fort Collins our new home, and see how God provides for our daily needs. And we absolutely love being back in Colorado!

Photobucket
I'm also linking up at Fall Followers Fest over at "The Wiegands" and that link up party! Lots of parties to attend this time of year. So exciting. Hope to see you back soon. :)

5 comments:

Amy said...

I now have tears in my eyes after reading your post because my kids are MKs. We live two countries south of where you grow up and I have often wondered what they will do when they grow up. You have a beautiful family. It encourages me greatly that you and your husband are following God.
Nice to meet you,
Amy @ Missional Mama

Ashley Pichea [PicheaPlace.com] said...

Did he attend BBCS? I just received my Masters from there in May!!

It's so good to "meet" you! I'm stopping by via the Blog Bash 2011... have a BLESSED weekend!!

Nicole [The Lovely Poppy] said...

good to meet you! i'm stopping by from follower fest and would love for you to stop by and check out the huge giveaway going on at my place- http://thelovelypoppy.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-follower-giveaway.html xoxo nicole

Bekah said...

Nice to meet you!!! I was an MK myself, only we did short-term mission trips - but I got to see places that most have not. :) I have a son who is 3 years old. Stop by sometime: http://www.princesspartygirl.blogspot.com

Trina Mayfield said...

Even though I know you and know all about you, I love reading your posts! It is fun to read how you express things about your life. You are settling so well in CO and we are so happy for you. The Lord has great things for you there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...