Monday, February 28, 2011

Grocery Budget.

I'm not too good at grocery saving or deal finding. I have been saying for 3 yrs now that I'm still learning. I don't know when that excuse doesn't work anymore. But I do think it takes time.

This month - I only spent $211 on groceries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I try to budget $300 for our family. I have no idea why this happened or how I managed to keep it so low. But maybe I'm catching on to something. I do know over the course of these years I've learned how to make cheaper meals, and what I actually need for the week. I've also had enough time at one grocery store to learn the "system".
But the not so encouraging part it - now in march I will probably way over spend b/c our cupboards are almost bare, fridge is empty and the only thing in our freezer is chicken and a big turkey. :)
and we did spend more on little last minute subway dinner runs, or Richard out late working, so he picks up Mickey D's.
Some day I will get both categories down. And for now I will just enjoy the low number in one category. hahahahaha

1 comment:

Trina Mayfield said...

I'm so glad you've had a good month. It probably is that the month is short, but just keep at it. It's also neat to see how the Lord provides throughout these challenging days. Have fun shopping and building up the cupboards again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...