Monday, January 3, 2011

The holidays are over




Boy was this an interesting holiday season for me. I can't quite put my hand on it except for the fact that lots of things didn't happened as I had envisioned. As I posted earlier, our whole family was pretty sick right up to Christmas. Carson was still not himself for a few more days, and I felt like he didn't truly enjoy Christmas b/c he was pretty mellow, not eating, and grumpier than normal. Richard's parents came into town on Christmas eve. They do things differently than I did growing up which is completely fine with me - but didn't feel like Christmas to me. As our kids get older we will have to figure out what to do about our own traditions with our own family. But we did have a good breakfast at Melissa's house, then opened gifts in a crazy setting. :)

The next days were followed by every one else getting the stomach flu :( So sad and all our plans were ruined b/c of it. It's hard not to be annoyed or dissappointed b/c there is nothing you can do about getting sick. But it did put a damper on enjoying their trip out here. They came from so far and for a short time and who knows when it will happen again, and everyone had to be throwing up almost the whole time. :( (well I will say that I was thankful that our little family had it before all the company and holidays b/c it really is not fun to have it with a houseful of people). I felt so bad that they weren't at home, and that they had to be sick with my kids bothering them. I just felt bad about the whole thing. Melissa's kids and family was just as bad too. :( So sad.
But we tried to make the most of the time together. WE did get some shopping trips in (which is always fun) and we did enjoy a little discover center in the mall downtown Scranton. I'm sure the grandparents are still so thankful for the time they got to spend with their grandkids despite the sickness.
And we do know when the next time will be that we will be together again b/c Richard's sister, Becky, got engaged on Christmas eve, so we have a wedding to plan for. yeah for being back in Colorado.
Now the holidays are over - and real life sets in again. This next week will be filled with going through receipts from Christmas buying, and family being in town, and setting goals and budgets for this year. and getting my boys back on schedule and behaving again. hahahahaha
I'm excited to see what this year brings. It's neat to see how much happened in 2010 and to wonder what will happen in 2011. Where will we be at the end of the year? Kinda exciting. :)

1 comment:

Trina Mayfield said...

I'm so sad they got sick too but I'm sure they were just glad that they could be with and meet their grandsons. I'm glad you have another trip to plan now because I know how fun it is to plan those kind of things - it's half the fun of the trip, planning it! Congrats to Becky and have fun planning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...