Thursday, February 28, 2008

Daniel James





Congratulations Jerelyn and Bryan Kurty on the birth of your new son! His name is Daniel James and he was born on Feb. 19th, weighed 8lbs 13 oz, and was 20 inches long. He is very healthy and doing great. But not without a little difficulty getting him into this world. I went down to visit Jerelyn that Sat right after Valentines Day (which was her due date). All day on Sunday she was having contractions. My mom showed up from Ecuador and we were so excited to be together with her again. So Monday morning Jerelyn called me and Mum and told us the Doctor said to go in for labor. (Jerelyn had called her that morning and explained about the contractions and they were coming often and hard so the doctor said to go in) I thought ( I obviously don't know much about these things) that she was going to have the baby soon, and I was so happy that I was going to be there. I had Monday off of work for President's Day. So we spent all day in the hospital and everything was moving very slowly. I started to think maybe I won't get to be here. About 2pm the doctor decides to go ahead and induce her. So again I figure it's goign to be soon now. But I have to leave to come home. So I was sad that I was going to miss it. But Jerelyn spent all night and the whole next morning still in labor. She had over 30 hours of labor, and the doctor finally decided to go ahead and do a c-section. Daniel's heart rate was slowing down. So after all that she ended up having a c-section anyways. She was pretty tired after all that, but now is doing great and the doctor says one of the best recoveries he has seen. We thank God so much for this healthy baby and relatively few complications throughout the whole pregnancy. Now we are loving visiting them on the weekends and seeing all the family again. My dad and Jeff still are in Ecuador and will get to see him in May. But its fun for all the girls to be together with a baby around.

4 comments:

The Horaks said...

Oh! He is just SO cute!!! I'm so happy for you to be with your sister during so much of it!

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Praise the Lord for a healthy baby. Congrats on being an Aunt!!

Trina Mayfield said...

Wasn't it so fun to go around with a baby??!!! We had such a great time!

Helaine DeMarte said...

Jess, you might notice the pictures on here are a little different. I changed them. Your template is different than mine. In mine, text shows, not the picture, like I told you. I think you can just click and drag yours wherever you want them to go. Hope you don't mind. I just thought I would see if I could finish what we started at your house. :)
The other posts seem fine, and your pictures of Hillary are really cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...