Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pregnancy Update

As I write this I'm currently 27 weeks. One week away from entering my third trimester. I'm so thankful for this precious baby. God has chosen to bless us with this precious boy! and I could not be more thankful for that gift.
A couple weeks ago I started experiencing some contractions consistently for an afternoon and swelling in my hands and feet. I took that as a sign that I definitely need to slow down and take it easy. I have stayed home a lot more and try to not do too much as far as meeting with people or going to places. This is not normal for me. I'm very social and always willing to go out for a play date or something - but I need to slow down. The whole carrying a baby (nevermind the one inside my belly), plus all our stuff, toys, lunches, etc up and down three flights of stairs (plus every once in a while a tired cranky toddler boy) was just wearing on my body. So I stay home more and just try to take it easy as much as I can. The swelling is still happening (nothing too serious) but the contractions and cramping have gotten better.
I've had a lot more back pain with this one too. I know it's due to being my third full pregnancy and ligaments and muscles not being what they were before, and carrying a year old baby around all the time.  Some women handle pregnancies with grace and strength. Not me. They are hard on my body.
Pregnancies have never gone fast for me, no matter how busy I am through them. But I am very glad to be entering the final stage of this pregnancy. I have a date set of when I will stop taking care of the little girl I watch. We are also trying to find a place to move to and hopefully be moving before the baby comes. (but no promises) We have looked at a lot of places and look online every single day multiple times a day. So please be in prayer that we find a good place for a good price and that timing works out with baby and everything else.
26 weeks and 6 days

2 comments:

The Kurty Story; From my point of view said...

I'm so glad to hear you are taking it easy! I know it hard but listen to your body, sounds like you are. I wonder why pregnancies are hard on our bodies for us Mayfields? You look so good and I love that picture!! I'm praying for your house situation! Love ya tons!!

Unknown said...

praying for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...