Monday, September 10, 2007

Ouray






Then after our backpacking trip we went to Ouray and stayed in a Bed and Breakfast called the Christmas house. It was a very quaint little place and very enjoyable. After the long hike the pampered bed and breakfast was so nice. The town of Ouray is a beautiful one. We showed up to town at about 1 and we couldn't check in until 3 so we sat around waiting. All I wanted was a nice warm shower, nice clothes, and a nap but we had to walk around the town and wait. The nice lady did let us in a half hour early though. We went to a nice Mexican Restaurant for my birthday that night and then just went straight to bed. The next day we saw places like the famous Silverton, the Box Canyon Falls, and Cascade Falls. I think Silverton was my favorite. It has the old looking buildings and is very cute. The mountains all around are gorgeous and the to Silverton was amazing. It was very relaxing. On our way home on Monday we stopped at Black Canyon about an hour south of Grand Junction. That place was cool too. We drove down to the bottom and low and behold we saw a bear crossing the road. It was very close to us and we got some good pictures too. That was ver exciting to see one. But I sure am glad that we didn't see one a few days earlier while we were camping. It was just a wonderful weekend that my husband planned for me. Colorado is a beautiful state and I have enjoyed living here very much.

4 comments:

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Very nice pictures Jessica. It soulds like Richard spoiled you for you birthday. That is great!!! I am sure you deserved a fun trip! I am not sure if I have commented on your blog before or not, but I do want to quick hey to the both of you all.

Keara said...

you guys are so cute! that looks like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome trip! It is great that you were able to go to a relaxing place after spending time camping!!! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess! I just realized that in the first two pictures of this post, it looks like you have you are poking Rich in the belly button! :0) Just something I noticed...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...